Sunday, January 4, 2015

My Fight Within

This is not my usual fashion post. 

2014 was filled with many ups and downs . I moved back home to Florida from New York . Not because my modeling career was failing but because my modeling career was taking off I had covers and agencies ready to sign me but my mental health was not in a healthy place. I have never spoken about my depression and anxiety. I hope me speaking about my struggles will help someone else. 

When I left New York I fell into a deep depression. I turned to food for happiness. Food filled a void that I thought could never be filled . I booked a job out of the country .I had my mother take my measurements and I seemed to have added 10 inch to my waist and 50 plus weight gain. It haunted me like a ghost from Christmas past. I asked my self how did I get here . How am I suppose to shoot a swimsuit editorial in 3 weeks. I think God was watching over because by the grace of him the international trip fell through and I was unable to do the booking. You would think I would have came up with an action plan and start back on the road to getting my career back. But I didn't I fell deeper and deeper into my depression . To make things worst my fathers healthy was failing and I was dealing with family issues . Now this was a time you would think some of my so called friends would call me and see what was up because I had been missing off the scene for 9 months now . No phone calls , messages ... Nothing! Except Ms. Tiffany Jones . Hearing her voice was like a drop of water on a hot summer day. I am so blessed to have a woman like that in my life .  She spoke life into me .My family and two best friends that aren't in the industry helped me in so many ways . I started to not feel like I let everyone down. My mother is such a strong woman I know it was hard to see her baby girl go through something she had no control over . She helped me get the help that I need and held my hand the whole time. My father did what he could . He was dealing with his own health . I wish I could put into words how much I love that man.  I told myself I had to come out of this I needed to come up with a plan and get back to work. I started from the inside out . The journey To getting back to me has been rough but with my family support and God I know I will make it through . I am really Iooking  forward to a lot of great new projects and I want to thank everyone that has supported me . 

When I stood in front of the camera on this particular day I felt so confident and I don't care what you all say but I felt really sexy in this outfit  from Fashion to Figure . 





Crop Top/ Skirt: Fashion to Figure 
Shoes: Dressbarn 

No comments:

Post a Comment